Gifts of Stock or Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Convoy of Hope.
- Convoy of Hope sells your securities and uses the proceeds for our programs.
- Use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The "cost" of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
© 2019 Convoy for Hope, is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization (EIN: 68-0051386). All donations are tax-deductible where allowed by law. // Delivering HOPE since 1994.