Charitable Bargain Sale
How It Works
- You sell your residence or other property to Convoy of Hope for a price below the appraised market value—a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale.
- Convoy of Hope may use the property, but usually elects to sell it and use the proceeds of the sale for the gift purposes you specified.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the discount you took from the appraised market value of your property.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property.
- You can receive payment from us in a lump sum, or in fixed installments.
© 2018 Convoy for Hope, is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization (EIN: 68-0051386). All donations are tax-deductible where allowed by law. // Delivering HOPE since 1994.