Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The required minimum for this type of gift is $0.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Convoy of Hope to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Use the trust to meet needs that are tied to a specific time frame, such as college tuition payments.
©2014 Convoy of Hope, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization // All donations are tax deductible in full or in part. // Delivering HOPE since 1994.